Supporting Our Patients during COVID-19: A Panel Discussion on Implementing ASAM Guidance
Zoom Webinar • Wednesday, April 29, 6-7 PM
With increased take homes, reduced face-to-face visits, and remote monitoring, we are all concerned for our patients well-being. What are you seeing in your clinic? Are patients relapsing with the social isolation, but at reduced risk for overdose due to staying on treatment? Are people struggling without regular counseling and mental health follow-up?
We will bring together a panel of local clinicians to share their experience and ideas to support patients through this time:
- How to balance the need for physical distancing with patients struggling with ongoing use and risk of relapse and overdose.
- Changes to urine testing guidelines and how that impacts care
- Responding to patient requests for early refills or patients lost to follow-up
This session will be facilitated by Nishant Shah, MD, MPH, MDDCSAM Treasurer, Adjunct Instructor at University of Maryland School of Medicine, Department of Family and Community Medicine, and Chief Medical Officer, Keswick Community Health.
- ASAM COVID-19 Task Force Resources - Yngvild Olsen, MD, MPH, DFASAM, MDDCSAM Past President, ASAM Vice President, Medical Director, Institutes for Behavior Resources Inc/REACH Health Services
- Case Study on Relapse & Diversion - Enrique Oviedo, MD, FASAM, Medical Director - MATClinics, Medical Director for Substance Use Disorder Treatment - Catholic Charities of Baltimore, Assistant Professor, Department of Child Psychiatry, University of Maryland School of Medicine
- Primary Care Perspective - Megan Buresh, MD, MDDCSAM Secretary and Chair, Membership Committee, Assistant Professor, Medicine and Epidemiology, Medical Director, JHBMC Addiction Consult Service, Division of Addiction Medicine, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine